Booking a session
- A signed booking form agreeing to these terms and conditions must be returned within 7 days of receipt.
- Minimum four hours booking required.
- A 50% deposit is payable no less than 15 days prior to your session with the final balance due on the day of your session.
- Your session is not booked until the deposit has been paid.
- If you are booking a session within 14 days the full amount must be paid.
- Payment by BACs only.
- Overtime will be charged by the hour (£60).
Cancellation and Transfer
- Cancellations must be made no less than 15 days prior to the day of the session.
- If you cancel your booking within 14 days of your session, your deposit is not refundable (exceptions will be made for serious illness or death, not for lack of rehearsal time or lack of money).
- You may transfer your session to a later date at a charge of £25. Sessions may be brought forward at no charge but are subject to availability.
Music and Files
- Masters will not be released until final payment has been made.
- We keep files on our hard drives for a minimum of 3 months (including a backup), please bring suitable media to transfer your files only after all work has been completed and final payment has been received.
Digital Media Waiver
This information is intended to educate clients about the nature of digital media and also to establish legal boundaries regarding their digital data:
- Make multiple backups of your data. Unless there are at least two copies of the data somewhere it is not safe. Three copies is preferred. This is YOUR responsibility! Backup copies of sessions in the digital realm should be made daily during the course of a session. Post-session backups can be made onto external hard drives, stored in an online data storage bank, or burned to DVD-R or CD-R.
- There is no certainty that a CD-R or DVD-R will hold data for the long term or that a stored hard drive will play back after sitting for any amount of time, so back up your data to newer media as time goes on. We highly recommend purchasing quality, name brand hard drives.Copyright and Royalties
- Until we have received full payment for the session, as producers of music we own the copyright of any sound recordings produced by us (intellectual property). Masterlink Productions will release all ownership to the artist/client once final payment has been made unless otherwise agreed. If you wish to discuss royalty splits or producer agreements please contact us.
- Any personal information you provide to us for the purposes of making a booking will be retained securely and may be used by us to contact you in the future in relation to other studio activities. We will not, without your prior consent pass your personal information to third parties. You have the right to request a copy of your personal information at any time.
- If you do not want us to contact you (apart from matters regarding your session) please let us know.